Work Permits and LMIA

Work Permits and LMIA

If you wish to work in Canada you might be eligible to obtain a Work Permit. Work Permit is a legal document that authorizes a foreign worker to work legally in Canada and fill temporary shortages of labour or help families reunite in Canada.

The Government of Canada provides opportunities to international students who complete their post secondary education in Canada to gain valuable experience of Canadian labour market by issuing them work permits upon successful completion of their education. These work Permits may be issued for varied lengths of time depending on the type and duration of post secondary education completed by the applicant.

Spousal Open Work Permit

As family reunification is one of the primary objectives of Canadian immigration system, you may be eligible to apply for spousal open work Permit in Canada if your spouse is working or studying in Canada or if you have applied to be sponsored for permanent residence by your spouse or partner in Canada.

LMIA Based Work Permit

Employers in Canada can fill labour shortages by employing foreign workers A labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is a document that an employer in Canada may require prior to hiring a foreign national. An employer will need a positive or neutral Labour Market Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada [ESDC] that will show that no Canadian worker or permanent resident is available to do the job and that there is a need for a foreign worker to fill the position.

Submitting an LMIA application is a very comprehensive process. But you need not worry about that because we will work with you to submit a complete application with the goal of achieving a positive result.